I have read, learnt, used and experienced different methods to regulate my sex drive in such a way that it aided my personality development. I had used it to cultivate balanced thinking.
Devils wake up when we are alone
Give work to the devils of your mind
Art – our permanent companion
Religion – our soul companion
Meditation with open eyes – Mantra Japa
Uruvaa ruka miva Bandhanan-
Mrtyor Mokshiya Mamritat
- Sit ordinarily in any posture you want.
- Recite this sloka 108 times.
- Really count 108 times, with lines in your right hand fingers.
- Using the thumb finger as the pointer and lines in other fingers as the actual counts, we can count 12 in a hand, starting from little finger and moving up and down to the index finger.
- Try to repeat it 9 times.
- Take it as a challenge if you are able to repeat this sloka 108 times this way, not one more, not one less, but counting of perfect 108 just in one hand, without actually counting.
Listening to Music
Desires – Our Servants and not Masters
Because there is no need of liberation from our desires. Actually desires are our servants. We need to know how to use them. We are foolishly treating them as our masters and then trying for an imaginary freedom from them.
Techniques to feel surrendered
- Spending 30 minutes in procedures such as Sandya Vandan, Gayatri, Pranayama but not in a ritualistic mode. One needs to understand it and do it, which is very difficult currently.
- Daily Pooja for 30 minutes a day on our favorite diety or God, wholeheartedly, sincerely. Or it could be a focused prayer for 30 minutes in any faith. In a pooja the actions performed are simple and one can easily concentrate and follow the work.
- Reciting some sloka for 30 minutes a day on a diety that you have faith. One can read Bible, Koran, Gita, Granth for 30 minutes depending on the faith of that person. Or perform a mantra japa for 25-20 minutes as described in the previous section.
- 30 minutes of Transcendental meditation or Sahaja Yoga etc
- 30 minutes of Yoga Asanas. But these Yoga Asanas should be done in synchronization with mind and not as explained in TV as a mere physical exercise. Probably Yoga Asanas need to be learnt from a person who teaches it completely as functions of both body and mind.
- 30 minutes of daily walk or Gym work-out, but keeping the mind focused on some particular issue (combined with some sloka recitation or focused hearing of soothing, calming music).