(1) Janmalagna (Ascendant)
(6) Dwada-shansha (D-12)
(9) Dashansha (D-10)
Generally, people are familiar with only Janmalagna & Navmansha (navamsa/D-9) charts. But, an astrologer has to study all these charts before predicting dashas, transits & various yogas in the chart. Hora is usually studied for the wealth of the native i.e. his/her financial condition during the entire life span.
The Hora chart is divided into 2 parts. It has only 2 Lagnas/Rashis- Cancer & Leo. All the first 15 degrees of male Rashis (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius & Aquarius) come under Leo. The next 15 degrees come under Cancer. On the other hand, all the first 15 degrees of female Rashis (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn & Pisces) come under Cancer. The next 15 degrees come under Leo.
From a Kshetra(Rashi) chart (with the degrees of all the planets including Lagna), it is easy to find out a Hora Lagna & the position of all the planets.
Now, we give points to each planet as under:
- * 5 points to exalted planet (only Jupiter will get this if it is placed in Cancer Hora).
- * 4 points to a planet, which is the Lord of the Hora (only Moon will get it if it is placed in Cancer Hora, or Sun will get it if it is placed in Leo Hora).
- * 3 points to a planet placed in a friend?s Hora (Rashis).
- * 2 points to a planet placed in neutral Hora.
- * 1 point to a planet placed in enemy’s Hora.
- * 0 points to a planet placed in debilitated Rashis (only Mars will get it if it is placed in Cancer Hora).
Thus, through this study, astrologers can derive which Hora is more powerful.
If the 2nd House is powerful in case of a Cancer Lagna in Hora chart, the native will accumulate or earn good wealth.
If the 12th House is powerful in case of a Leo Lagna in Hora chart, the native will experience financial constraints.
It may so happen that both the Rashis / 2nd House / 12th House are equal in points, in this case, the native will not make a lot of money, but will maintain what he/she inherits.