Mental maladies/sickness and astrology.
Astrology of mental disorders and aberrations.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that generally appears in late adolescence or early adulthood - however, it can emerge at any time in life. It is one of many brain diseases that may include delusions, loss of personality (flat affect), confusion, agitation, social withdrawal, psychosis, and bizarre behavior.
- Combust/afflicted mercury and afflicted moon also leads to mental aberrations.
- Jupiter in the ascendant and Mars in the seventh house or vice versa.
- Saturn in the lagna and Mars in the 5th, 7th or 9th house.
- Saturn in the 12th house associated with a waning Moon.
- Saturn in the lagna, Sun in the 12th house and Mars or the Moon in a trine.
- Association of Saturn and the lord of the second house with the Sun or Mars.
- Birth in the hora of Saturn or Mars, a Sun-Moon conjunction in the lagna, the 5th or the 9th, and Jupiter in a quadrant.
- Mandi (the malefic sub-planet that has no physical existence but has a Saturn-like quality) in the 7th, afflicted by a malefic. The same result may apply if Mandi is in the 5th house
- . Rahu and the Moon in the Lagna, and malefics in the trines. (i.e., “Pishacha Grasta” Yoga, a combination for being overtaken by the “spirits”, indicative of phobias.)
- Afflictions to the Moon (mind), Mercury (nervous system) and Jupiter (maturity / wisdom). Particularly, when all three of these planets are afflicted, conditions leading to mental illness are highly possible.
- An afflicted fifth lord. The fifth house can correspond to thinking, logic and wisdom.
- The lagna and or Aries, both which indicates the head, if afflicted.
- Kemadruma Yoga – This is a condition occurs when the moon has no planets in either of the signs surrounding it. When there is no planet in the 2nd or the 12th from the moon, the soundness of the mind may become an issue. Again, the entire chart needs to be viewed.