Amputation is the removal of a body extremity by trauma, prolonged constriction, or surgery. As a surgical measure, it is used to control pain or a disease process in the affected limb, such as malignancy or gangrene. In some cases, it is carried out on individuals as a preventative surgery for such problems. A special case is that of congenital amputation, a congenital disorder, where fetal limbs have been cut off by constrictive bands. In some countries, amputation of the hands, feet or other body parts is or was used as a form of punishment for people who committed crimes. Amputation has also been used as a tactic in war and acts of terrorism; it may also occur as a war injury. In some cultures and religions, minor amputations or mutilations are considered a ritual accomplishment. Unlike some non-mammalian animals (such as lizards that shed their tails, salamanders that can regrow many missing body parts, and hydras, flatworms, and starfish that can regrow entire bodies from small fragments), once removed, human extremities do not grow back, unlike portions of some organs, such as the liver. A transplant or a prosthesisare the only options for recovering the loss.
Amputation and astrology.
Combinations of being a cripple in astrology as per classics.
- Sarvartha Chintamani - 12th lord weak in malefic navamsa or neecha navamsa
- Sarvartha Chintamani - Many planets in the 12th & 12th lord with Saturn +Gulika + Rahu
- Sarvartha Chintamani -Moon in 10th + Saturn in the 2nd of sun + Mar in the 7th
- Sarvartha Chintamani - Sun in Cancer Navamsa & Moon in Leo Navamsa
- Sarvartha Chintamani - Moon in 10th + Mercury in 7th + Saturn in 2nd
- Jataka Parijatham 6 47 Angaheena Sun in 2nd + Mars in 7th + moon in 10th
Saturn as planet of degeneration,wasting diseases,chronic illnesses.
Mars for surgery ,injury or procedure.
Mercury the significator of tri dosha and nerves.
Lord of sixth,DBA of sixth lord.
DBA of saturn in some cases.
Will add example charts today evening.