Multiple sclerosis, also known as MS, is a chronic disease that attacks the central nervous system, i.e. the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. In severe cases the patient becomes paralyzed and/or blind, while in milder cases there may be numbness in the limbs. With MS the central nervous system (CNS) is attacked by the person's own immune system. That is why MS is known as an auto-immune disease. Nerve fibers are surrounded by myelin, which protects them. Myelin also helps conduct electrical signals (impulses) - i.e. myelin facilitates a good flow of electricity along the nervous system from the brain. Myelin regulates a key protein involved in sending long-distant signals.
The myelin of a patient with MS disappears in multiple areas. This leaves a scar (sclerosis).Multiple Sclerosis means "Scar Tissue in Multiple Areas". The areas where there is either not enough or no myelin are called plaques or lesions. As the lesions get worse the nerve fiber can break or become damaged. When a nerve fiber has less myelin the electrical impulses received from the brain do not flow smoothly to the target nerve - when there is no myelin the nerve fibers cannot conduct the electrical impulses at all. The electrical impulses are instructions from the brain to carry out actions, such as to move a muscle. With MS, you cannot get your body to do what your brain wants it to do.
Who Can Develop Multiple Sclerosis?
· MS can affect people of all ages.
· It is more common among people aged from 20 to 50 years.
· More women develop MS than men.
· People of European descent are more likely to develop MS, compared to other people. However, people of all ancestries can get it.
· You can inherit a greater susceptibility of getting MS from your parents.
· In 2007 the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that approximately 2.5 million people had MS.
· Multiple sclerosis rates are higher the further away you live from the equator. This leads many to believe that exposure to sunlight impacts on MS risk.
Astrological pointers to work on.
1. Mercury ruler of nerves weak, retrograde , com-bust and afflicted.
2. Sixth lord positioning.
3. Ascendant and its lord as ascendant denotes the head area.( since the disease involves wrong brain signals)
4. Mars as its lord of first rashi of kaalpursh denoting brain and sense organs.
5. Saturn as it controls muscles and is significator of wasting and chronic diseases.
6. Weak luminaries ,badly placed ,afflicted or under malefic aspect.
7. Benefics in a weak position.
8. 12th house and 12th lord as it indicates hospitalization etc.
9. 12th sign of kaal pursh the pisces.
10. 6th lord in connection to other trik lords or under malefic aspect.
11. Sun + mercury conjunction is what forms budh aditya yoga but in medical astrology it signifies trouble if badly placed and under malefic influence.
Chart no1--Lord of ascendant Mars also rules the 6th house and its placed in 5th house with the nerve significator and lord of 8th and 3rd combust mercury. Venus as lord of 12th is placed in 6th a marana karaka sthaan for venus moreover its aspected by Saturn. Jupiter placed in ascendant is in paap kartari as malefic are in both sides of it . Retrograde Saturn aspects Jupiter from the previous sign. Saturn also aspects 2nd ,5th ,6th and 8th house ( being retrograde it aspects from previous sign as well) .So here we find mercury combust as 8th lord and conjunct the 6th lord, both luminaries under bad aspects and afflicted. Both benefics again in weak position and under malefic aspect.
Mercury is again retrograde and combust .Sun is Badhak and 11th lord for the Libra ascendant. There is an exchange between 9th and 10 th lord a raj yoga. But we are inspecting the chart for MS which was triggered in 1971 in MD of mercury and AD of sun. Mars aspects this combination from the seventh house as a prabal marak as lord of 2nd and 7th.Lord of ascendant and 8th venus is afflicted while the other benific Jupiter is lord of 6th and 3rd and its retrograde as well and thereby it aspects the combination of sun+ mercury from the previous sign ,while it aspects the lagna lord from 5th .
This chart belongs to American writer and journalist, a nationally syndicated astrologer and newspaper columnist. Omarr is the author of "My World of Astrology," 1965, and 12 annual sun-sign paperback books with indications for the year. Frequently seen on TV, he is a poised, erudite and articulate guest on interview shows, also well-versed in numerology. With a production line of columns and books for the general public, he added "World Famous Psychic" to his dossier in 2001 with phone numbers listed in pulp papers for the convenience of those seeking his advice. His disease of M.S., diagnosed in 1971, robbed him of his sight in the early ‘90s. His column still appears in more than 200 daily newspapers.
The old master died on 1/02/2003 at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica after a heart attack, his ex-wife and friends at his side.
Sixth lord sun in ascendant with mercury lord of two Kendra’s mercury retrograde and combust .Lord of ascendant is strong in its MT sign but under the 8th aspect of mars. Saturn ,venus and mars are conjunct in third house . Saturn aspects 12th house , while pisces the 12th sign of zodiac is housed by the sixth lord sun along with mercury the badhaka planet for pisces ascendant. Mandi and gulika are in sixth sign seventh house in virgo thereby completing the picture.