Inter Caste marriages and Vedic Astrology
Marriages outside of religion are still not accepted properly in our society. There is opposition from the immediate family. Spouses are expected to convert, but it is not easy to accept a faith or culture that one is not born with. If there is no conversion, couples usually reach a compromise on the faith children follow. Overall, inter-faith marriages present a lot of challenges that need to be worked out. The ratio of such marriages being entirely successful is also not very high.
In Indian culture, more often than not, marriage is for a lifetime. We choose to share our life with one individual and the conduct, behavior and idiosyncrasies of one have a profound effect on the other. In a manner of speaking, the husband and wife share a destiny. An encouraging, sincere and devoted spouse is a blessing.
Relevant Astrological Combinations
Nitin Kashyap has done this research and he presents the following principles and logic behind the observations.
The karakas and bhavas for marriage, religion and “foreignness” are:
- Jupiter and Venus: In female chart Jupiter represent husband and in male chart Venus represent wife.
- Fifth House: Fifth house represent our mentality and love affairs.
- Seventh house: Seventh house shows one’s married life.
- Ninth House: Ninth house represent religion and luck. This is what you would see to judge “religion” in this context.
- Saturn, Rahu and Ketu: These three planets indicate the separating influence in the chart. They represent the foreign element that we should be looking for.
- Principle I: For males, Venus should be afflicted by Saturn, Rahu or Ketu. In charts of females, Jupiter should come under separating influence of Saturn, Rahu or Ketu.
- Principle II: Fifth or seventh house should be afflicted by Saturn. Saturn in fifth house has a special influence and significance on inter religion marriages because from the fifth house, Saturn’s 3rd drishti would be automatically be on the seventh house.
- Principle III: Ninth house and its lord should be affected by Trik bhavas and their lords. Since one is going “against” his/her religion, there should be some bad effect seen on the ninth house. Additionally, ninth house should be afflicted by Rahu/Ketu.
- Principle IV: Seventh house and its lord should be connected with a debilitated planet or Rahu/Ketu.
- Principle V: According to Jaimini System, the planet having lowest longitude in a birth chart is called Dara-karak graha (planet representing wife). This planet should be afflicted by Rahu/Ketu or Saturn.
|22 August 1969||0658 hrs||22N18||73E12||Male|
|25 June 1973||0610 hrs||28N40||77E13||Female|
|02 October 1973||2100 hrs||30N19||78E02||Female|
|03 Nov 1972||1745 hrs||28N27||80E51||Female|
|11 Sept 1967||0855 hrs||28N40||77E13||Male|
|31 October 1955||1832 hrs||26N55||75E49||Female|
|13 June 1978||1115 hrs||28N40||77E13||Female|
|31 October 1973||2200 hrs||28N40||77E13||Male|